Turn on Your LookOut Wildfire Detection Service Today
It is now July, and the northern hemisphere is entering summertime, with fire seasons starting in many countries.
We don’t know when the recent drought and heatwaves will end. Time is running out to do more forest thinning and fuel reduction. Besides home hardening, what else can we do now to help control the uncontrollable? We can mitigate wildfire risk and damages through early detection today.
LookOut Wildfire Detection SaaS supports image inputs from standard video surveillance cameras, webcams/live updated web photos and Android smartphones. You can use LookOut with your preferred image inputs to protect your communities and biodiversity today.
1.Video Surveillance Cameras
LookOut works seamlessly with AXIS visual cameras. Follow these steps to set up your AXIS camera to send images via the HTTP Post method to LookOut periodically to detect wildfire outbreaks:
- a) Set up your LookOut plan and copy the camera endpoint URL.
- b) Add a new Recipient on your AXIS camera: go to the camera web admin interface, click System > Event > Recipients, select HTTPS in Type, paste the LookOut camera endpoint URL in URL, uncheck “Validate Server Certificate,” and click Save.
- c) Add a new Rule on your AXIS camera: go to the camera web admin interface, click System > Event > Rules, check “Use this rule,” give it a Name, and enter 00:00:30 in “Wait between actions” to send an image to LookOut every 30 seconds. Select “System Ready” in Condition, select “Send images through HTTPS” in Type, and click Save.
2.Webcam / Live Updated Web Photos
LookOut works perfectly with live updated web photos. It is easy to configure LookOut to periodically retrieve webpage images via HTTP Get to detect wildfire outbreaks:
- a) Identify the URL of the live updated web photo.
- b) Edit your LookOut plan, select “HTTPS Get” under “Image Input Method,” enter the above URL in the “HTTP Get URL,” and then click “Save Changes.”
- a) Set up your LookOut plan and copy the Camera Endpoint URL.
- b) Download LookOut Cam from the Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookoutcam
- c) Open the LookOut Cam app, put your smartphone in landscape position, click the “gear” icon at the top right-hand corner to set up the app, paste the Camera Endpoint URL in Camera Endpoint, and click the Confirm button at the top right-hand corner.
- d) Put your smartphone in a landscape position and point its camera to the forest areas you plan to monitor.
We listen to customers from different countries regarding their needs to reduce wildfire risk. One common requirement is to evaluate and deploy the solution as soon as possible.
That’s WHY we have made “instant deployment” a key product feature.
You can NOW use our LookOut wildfire detection SaaS to protect your community and business.
Get and test your free trial account now at https://lookout.roboticscats.com